Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Dirty Blonde"

One of my absolute favorite apps is Evernote.  It's a productivity app that works for my hectic lifestyle.  


By nature, I have a zillion ideas running thru my head.  I do not, however, always have pen and paper.  And if I do, it may or may not get lost.  


Evernote rocks because it has options.  I can text, take a picture or, my favorite, leave an audio note!  Now that's sweet.


How many times have you asked a friend, 'What's the name of that one song so-and-so sings?'  And they're like, "I dunno.  Sing it.'  And you're all like, 'Forget it.  I aint singing it!', because you're too embarrassed?


The audio note takes care of that.  AWAY from people you can sing it right into your phone to research later.  Sweet!


I love this app.


I have 36 notes in it right now.  A good bit are as random as 'check out this website', 'google this actor' , 'dirty blonde' . . . 


Dirty blonde?


I've heard the term 'dirty blonde' off and on all my life.  But the folks the term applied to appeared downright brunette to me.  So what gives?  


What makes a brunette actually a 'dirty blonde.'


Well I checked out my Evernote and decided to cross this one off my list.  It looked pretty simple.  And it was.  


I definitely know what dirty blonde hair looks like.  And the distinction between dirty blonde hair and full on brunette is definitely separate and distinct.  Random research and education accomplished.


I learned something else. 


For folks with kids running around the computer or adults with heart conditions, you may want to utilize the family filter setting before using Google images for search term "definition of dirty blonde"!  


Oops!  

No comments:

Post a Comment