Wednesday, January 26, 2011

White Noise

Thanks to a lot of things, not the least of which includes our BAD economy, I now have a mortgage versus rent. It's a cookie-cutter condo. So it still feels like an apartment.  


And I'm actually OK with that.  That's why I chose the top floor.  I didn't want to deal with a noisy neighbor.  


Although I have ended up paying for some furniture choices that weren't half the battle they are now.  The apartment had an elevator and community trolley for transporting humungous items to my third floor abode.


This place does not.  I've had to pay for human movers.  (Although, that is certainly one way to get a guy with muscles in my place.  *wink*)


With the exception of spotting the occasional hottie by the pool each Summer, I don't miss the pool. I certainly don't miss the community laundry. And I absolutely don't miss the rented white walls.


And therein lies the dilemma: the white space above my tv that screams to be occupied! It's kind of like. . . a virgin. It can't be any ole thing.  I want my wall's "first time" to be. . . special:



  • I can't slap a poster of some random pop star up there like I did 20+ years ago. I'm an adult!


  • I definitely can't thumb tack some random hot centerfold up there like I did 15+ years ago. I'm a grown-up!


  • I absolutely can't put a shirtless pic of Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson up there like I did 1+ DAYS ago . . . I may be an adult but I'm  not wealthy.  I can't miss work because I'm on the sofa in a trance staring at him.



So what the hell goes up there?


A big wall clock?  Boring.


A super cool painting?  Yawn.


A deer head?  Eww.


While I don't have any easy answers just yet, I certainly have a a couple of ideas.  I always have ideas.  And I take comfort in knowing that the white space can stay white for all I care.  


It's my wall.  I'm not renting it.  And as long as it's my wall, it's nice knowing my options aren't so limited this time.  







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you mount the TV to the wall to avoid that empty space?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello doll! Great idea if there was more space between the sofa and the tv. I'd end up with neck strain from looking up. :-(

    ReplyDelete